Santillana Group in its strategic plan of 2011 defined the adoption of Public Cloud solutions and technology as strategic in its process of digital transformation.
It was looking to transform the traditional business into a digital model, in a way that allowed agile growth, continuous innovation (agile methods), risk minimization, and the maintenance of a very high economic efficiency ratio.
The first approach was an “as-is” migration towards Cloud architecture, with subsequent and aligned implementation of agile methodologies to proceed with the transformation of systems to PaaS and Serverless architectures.
- Project executed with the area of Technological Architecture of Santillana Group.
- The setting up of a technical office for the transition from the original platforms to a Public Cloud model.
- The construction of a 24×7 operations and exploitation multi-country service for platforms in more than 22 countries for the Santillana Group.
- Systems architecture and transformation office for the Santillana Group.
- Backing for digital projects with DevOps model.
- Design and support for the new architecture on Public Cloud based on serverless containerized technologies.
- Continuous reduction in costs, with a 40% reduction in the first year, and a continuous 15% annual reduction.
- 100% availability of the environments for two years running.
- Unprecedented scalability for the business in 22 different countries.
- Efficiency and economy of scale for the developed model.
- Benchmark technological innovation in the education sector.