Santillana Digital Business puts all its systems infrastructure on the Amazon Cloud (AWS) and its applications architecture, for the interaction of various educational services. Thus, it requires a Cloud-based integration architecture which is efficient, robust, and scalable.
Furthermore, it must facilitate the consumption of services via the applications which are integrated in a standard, measurable way.
The tasks performed covered the definition, viability analysis, and implementation of the architecture:
- Definition of the deployment architecture on the Amazon Cloud, selecting the necessary pieces for self-scaling (balancers, Cloud-based databases, etc.).
- Definition and development of the execution architecture on Mule ESB, extending components to use IaaS services, and incorporating Auditing, Trackability, Security and Error Management components.
- Implementation and validation of the SIF model in broker mode, extendible to other standards (LIS).
- Santillana has an integration platform which is efficient with respect to costs, and can be monitored and scaled in parallel, to absorb both current and future demand.
- The creation of a product on Mule ESB, taking advantage of the capabilities of AWS, will facilitate the future incorporation of new capabilities which appear on the platform.